Phenomenal Woman

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Goodbye

I mentally seem to be doing it
Saying goodbye to each thing that has been a part of my life for the past year
Hoping that with each passing day -
that not goodbyes will be needed when the time comes

Waking up on my bed to the sound of the birds making a noise outside my window
Having the light peaking through my blinds
Eating cereal out of my big white bowl
Driving to uni and dragging myself around campus
Watching the fountain of knowledge sprinkle its wisdom into the sharks lake

Returning home to the sight of dishes in the sink
To the television that turns our house into a home
To the sounds of our washing machine walking about and the ghost's whispers
Up the stairs to my inviting room
Breathing the night air on my balcony
Awaiting the next visit from my possum and koala friends
Closing my eyes knowing that I’ll wake up another day in the same bed

For now maybe-but goodbye awaits tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home